Why can't I give a baby cow's milk?

Before twelve months, babies can have a few bites of yogurt or ice cream (cow, soy, or goat milk), but no more than that. The protein in yogurt is large and can poke little holes in the intestines of young ones. As a baby grows, that's no longer an issue. That's the whole reason why formula was developed: to mimic the proteins found in breast milk, which are easily digestible. It's also one of the reasons why whole milk is not recommended until after a baby turns one.
YOU: Raising Your Child: The Owner's Manual from First Breath to First Grade

There’s little doubt that parenting can be one of the most rewarding and satisfying experiences you’ll ever have. But it can be plenty tough, too: Around the clock, you’re working to keep your...

Continue Learning about Baby Feeding & Nutrition

Please Do NOT Make Your Own Baby Formula
You may have seen recipes circulating online for homemade baby formula. Don't try them. Making your own baby formula simply isn't safe. I say this out...
Are there cookbooks for making baby food?
Alan Greene, MDAlan Greene, MD
There are a growing number of great resources both on and off-line for making delicious, nutritious ...
How can I save money when making baby food?
Cheryl TallmanCheryl Tallman
Here are a few money-saving secrets to making baby food: - Buy fresh produce that is on sale or ...
Is anything wrong if my infant vomits frequently after feeding?
Infants spit up frequently, but if your child is vomiting forcefully after eating, consult your doct...