What is a yeast rash in babies?

The typical yeast rash is hot pinkish-red, raised, and quite “angry” looking. It often has several small spots that extend beyond the main area of the rash. A yeast rash is caused by an infection of the skin by a type of yeast called Candida albicans. While this yeast is very common in babies and causes its fair share of distress (for babies and their parents), it is fortunately not truly dangerous.

http://www.amazon.com/Mommy-Calls-Answers-Questions-Toddlers/dp/158110295X

Continue Learning about Baby Care Essentials

How long should I wait before taking my newborn baby out in public?
Woodrow C. Marriott, MDWoodrow C. Marriott, MD
How long you should avoid public places with your newborn is a personal decision, but there is s...
How should I wash my baby's clothes and sheets?
Wash all of your baby's clothes, sheets, and towels before use. There's no need to wash the baby...
3 Ways to Prevent & Treat Diaper Rash
3 Ways to Prevent & Treat Diaper Rash
How Do I Get a Newborn Baby to Sleep?
How Do I Get a Newborn Baby to Sleep?