What is a yeast rash in babies?

The typical yeast rash is hot pinkish-red, raised, and quite “angry” looking. It often has several small spots that extend beyond the main area of the rash. A yeast rash is caused by an infection of the skin by a type of yeast called Candida albicans. While this yeast is very common in babies and causes its fair share of distress (for babies and their parents), it is fortunately not truly dangerous.

http://www.amazon.com/Mommy-Calls-Answers-Questions-Toddlers/dp/158110295X

Continue Learning about Baby Care Essentials

What are the things to be put in my baby's layette?
Riverside Women's HealthRiverside Women's Health
Many parents-to-be enjoy putting together their baby's layette. This is the clothing and supplies yo...
What are the types of circumcision for a baby?
Moshe TragerMoshe Trager
Parents have the choice between an in-home procedure (done by a trained mohel, who may or may not be...
What's the Best Way to Prevent Having a Picky Eating Toddler?
When Can I Start Giving My Baby Water?
When Can I Start Giving My Baby Water?