Is there a fabric softener that's safe for baby clothes?

Seventh Generation and Ecover also make safe fabric softeners/static cling removers based on vegetable products and essential oils. Avoid commercial fabric softeners and dryer sheets, as they contain harsh chemicals. You can also make your own fabric softener: add either ¼ cup baking soda or ¼ cup white vinegar to the wash cycle. The vinegar will also take care of static cling.
YOU: Having a Baby: The Owner's Manual to a Happy and Healthy Pregnancy

Can I get a cavity filled while pregnant? Will avoiding spicy foods make my kid a picky eater? Can I really increase my baby's IQ while she's in utero? Whether you're pregnant for the first time,...

Continue Learning about Baby Care Essentials

How should I dress my baby so they are not too hot or too cold?
Dr. Tanya R. Altmann, MDDr. Tanya R. Altmann, MD
The general rule is that babies should wear as many layers as you are wearing. It’s all right to add...
Should I clean my baby's pacifier?
Ronald G. Glass, DDSRonald G. Glass, DDS
Absolutely!! Our studies have shown that while the baby pacifier may have a few or no germs in the p...
How Often Should I Bathe a Baby?
How Often Should I Bathe a Baby?
How to Get a Baby to Sleep Through the Night