How long should I wait before taking my newborn baby out in public?

How long you should avoid public places with your newborn is a personal decision, but there is some information that might help you make that decision. In the first month of life, an infant is more likely to get a serious bacterial infection, such as meningitis, pneumonia, urinary tract infection, or in the cold season, a significant respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) or chest cold. So I recommend in the first month of life, decreasing the amount of exposure to other people as much as possible. I recommend avoiding public places for the first month. If you want to do a little bit less than that or a little bit more, that would be simply up to you.

Continue Learning about Baby Care Essentials

How should I hold my baby when lowering him into the bath?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
When lowering your baby into the bath, use one arm and hand to support the bottom and legs of your c...
What is the proper swaddling method?
To do a secure swaddle, follow these steps: Fold down the top corner of a blanket, and place baby...
When Can I Start Giving My Baby Water?
When Can I Start Giving My Baby Water?
How to Get a Baby to Sleep Through the Night