What is the best way to carry my newborn?

Carry him in front of you, kangaroo style, as much as you can. The physical closeness recalls the natural state of mom and child (specifically the in utero conditions) and can be helpful in all elements of neurological and emotional development. In this position, he can also smell you, hear your heart and lungs, and feel the warmth of your body.
YOU: Having a Baby: The Owner's Manual to a Happy and Healthy Pregnancy

Can I get a cavity filled while pregnant? Will avoiding spicy foods make my kid a picky eater? Can I really increase my baby's IQ while she's in utero? Whether you're pregnant for the first time,...

Continue Learning about Baby Care Essentials

What is the proper swaddling method?
Medical City McKinneyMedical City McKinney
Learn how to properly swaddle your newborn baby with this step-by-step video from the Medical Center...
What should I do if my newborn falls off furniture?
Dr. Tanya R. Altmann, MDDr. Tanya R. Altmann, MD
Even though newborns rarely roll over on their own, they can wiggle and squirm, which is how they so...
How Often Should I Bathe a Baby?
How Often Should I Bathe a Baby?
3 Ways to Prevent & Treat Diaper Rash
3 Ways to Prevent & Treat Diaper Rash