What kind of exercise is the least stressful on joints?

Aquatic exercise is the best exercise for reducing joint stress. Aquatic exercise includes any of the following:

• swimming
  • stretching
  • strengthening exercises
  • water aerobics.
Water adds a therapeutic effect and, provides resistance in all directions and decreases weight bearing stress on bones and joints. Aquatic exercise is often prescribed for medical conditions such as arthritis, osteoporosis, musculoskeletal pain, or after surgery. Depending on how deep the water is you can reduce body weight load by 90% saving the joints undue stress.

Continue Learning about Avoiding Pain & Injury During Exercise

Why Fitness Newbies Should Avoid Intense Workouts
Insanity! Burnout! Super revved-up workouts are all the rage at gyms and online. One big trend: high-intensity sprint training. Long-favored by Specia...
What can I do to avoid tibial stress fracture when ramping up my workout?
To reduce the likelihood of tibial stress fractures, make sure that your footwear is appropriate for...
What do I avoid when doing the trapezius-strengthening exercise?
Rick OldermanRick Olderman
Common errors when doing the trapezius-strengthening exercise (an exercise that restores trapezius m...
How does stretching prevent injuries in people who work out?
If you work out, a good way to fend off injury is to stretch regularly, which develops flexibility. ...