Is it safe to train on the beach?

For the most part it is safe to train anywhere you feel comfortable. Each different training location presents its own unique set of challenges. Beach training presents the primary challenge of instability. The sand doesn't allow for good foot placement and traction, causing many people to suffer from increased tension felt in their bodies or even recurring muscle strains due to the shifty environment. It is best to take it slow initially and build up in intensity as your body adjusts to your training environment.

Continue Learning about Avoiding Pain & Injury During Exercise

Why Fitness Newbies Should Avoid Intense Workouts
Insanity! Burnout! Super revved-up workouts are all the rage at gyms and online. One big trend: high-intensity sprint training. Long-favored by Specia...
What types of exercises should I avoid?
Any exercise that sacrifices ideal posture in an attempt to add complexity or intensity to an exerci...
How can I prevent a back injury while lifting weights?
National Athletic Trainers' AssociationNational Athletic Trainers' Association
To prevent a back injury while weight lifting, you should always keep your back straight and your ch...
To Prevent Running Injuries, Start With Your Big Toe