How do I manage my avian flu symptoms?

The most important thing you can do to manage your avian flu (bird flu) is to follow your doctor's treatment plan exactly, drink fluids, and rest. Because avian flu in humans is both rare and life-threatening, you will most likely be closely supervised by a health care provider at this time. You may be given antiviral drugs to combat the illness.

Continue Learning about Avian Flu

What are the treatment options for avian flu?
Because avian flu (bird flu) is a serious disease in humans, it is likely that your doctor will pres...
Can I get avian flu even if I had a flu shot?
You can get the avian flu if you get a flu shot, because the flu shot only works to protect you agai...
How do medications treat avian flu?
Some medications treat the symptoms of avian flu (bird flu). For example, decongestants can be used ...
Do antibiotics help to treat avian flu?
Antibiotics can only be used to treat bacterial infections that may be complications of the avian fl...