Is avian flu life-threatening?

Avian flu (bird flu) is rare in humans, but when it is contracted by a human it is very serious and can be life-threatening. It can result in respiratory failure, as well as heart and kidney problems. Over 50 percent of people who have been diagnosed with avian flu have died.

Continue Learning about Avian Flu

How is avian flu diagnosed?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Avian flu (bird flu) may be suspected by its symptoms, especially if you have had contact with infec...
What are the symptoms of avian flu?
The symptoms of avian flu, or bird flu, include a high temperature, cough, throat soreness, and sore...
What's being done to avoid a bird flu pandemic?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
Health officials in the United States and other Western countries are helping Asian nations manage a...
How can I protect my children from avian flu?
Protecting your children is very important. You may want to avoid traveling to an area where there i...