What are common complications of avian flu?

One common complication of avian flu is pneumonia, a lung infection caused by bacteria. This can be a serious, even life-threatening, infection, especially for people with weak immune systems or people with chronic diseases. In addition, respiratory problems, even failure, can occur as a complication of avian flu.

Continue Learning about Avian Flu

What areas of the world are most affected by avian flu?
So far, the areas of the world that have been most affected by avian flu (bird flu) are Asia and cou...
What is the threat to humans from bird flu?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
Avian flu, so virulent in birds, does not infect humans easily. Still, more than half of the people ...
How long does it take to develop symptoms of avian flu?
The symptoms of avian flu (bird flu) include fever, cough, sore throat, and body aches. These sympto...
Should I talk to my doctor about my avian flu symptoms?
If you have been in contact with poultry, wild birds, or an infected person, and you have flu sy...