Can avian flu be prevented?

The best way to prevent avian flu is to avoid coming into contact with the avian influenza virus. If you are traveling to an area of the world where there is bird flu, avoid birds and bird products, including those on farms and in markets. Washing your hands regularly will also help you avoid the bird flu virus.

While an avian flu vaccine has been developed, it is not yet in use.

Continue Learning about Avian Flu

How can I protect my children from avian flu?
Protecting your children is very important. You may want to avoid traveling to an area where there i...
How do I manage my avian flu symptoms?
The most important thing you can do to manage your avian flu (bird flu) is to follow your doctor's t...
Does avian flu affect children differently than adults?
In general, influenza affects children differently than adults. In children, the fever associate...
Can I get avian flu even if I had a flu shot?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
You can get the avian flu if you get a flu shot, because the flu shot only works to protect you agai...