Are there alternative treatments for avian flu?

There are no alternative treatment options that have been proven to prevent or limit the duration of any type of influenza, including avian flu (bird flu). Home remedies, such as chicken soup, may help soothe the symptoms of avian flu, such as congestion. Additional rest and adequate amounts of liquids may also help your symptoms improve. However, avian flu is a serious form of influenza and often requires antiviral medications, so make sure you talk to your doctor before using any home treatments.

Continue Learning about Avian Flu

What is the threat to humans from bird flu?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
Avian flu, so virulent in birds, does not infect humans easily. Still, more than half of the people ...
How do I manage my avian flu symptoms?
The most important thing you can do to manage your avian flu (bird flu) is to follow your doctor's t...
What causes avian flu?
Avian flu, or bird flu, occurs when a person is infected by a strain of influenza virus that normall...
What are common complications of avian flu?
One common complication of avian flu is pneumonia, a lung infection caused by bacteria. This can be ...