How does an autopsy affect having an open-casket funeral?

Having an autopsy has no affect on an open-casket wake or funeral. Autopsy incisions are made so that they're hidden by the pillow in the casket, even if the person is bald.

Continue Learning about Autopsy

Should I request that an autopsy be performed on my body?
Deborah DavisDeborah Davis
An autopsy is a medical procedure that consists of a thorough examination performed on a body after ...
How does an autopsy affect organ donation?
MyDirectivesMyDirectives
Having an autopsy doesn't always prevent organ donation. Although laws differ in each jurisdiction, ...
What are the benefits of an autopsy?
MyDirectivesMyDirectives
There are lots of benefits to having an autopsy. For families, it can help assure them that their lo...
What is an autopsy?
MyDirectivesMyDirectives
An autopsy is a medical examination of a dead body to find out how and why the person died, what dis...