What is PDD-NOS?

Pervasive developmental disorder–not otherwise specified (PDD-NOS) has been described as “kind of like autism, but not meeting enough criteria to qualify for the autism diagnosis,” by multiple sources. Okay, so what does thatmean? It means that people with PDD-NOS display autistic-like symptoms (generally problems with communication and/or being intensely preoccupied with certain activities), but there may not be many symptoms or any severe ones.

From The Smart Parent's Guide: Getting Your Kids Through Checkups, Illnesses, and Accidents by Jennifer Trachtenberg.

The Smart Parent's Guide: Getting Your Kids Through Checkups, Illnesses, and Accidents

What to Do When You Don't Know What to Do! "Moms and dads need expert guidelines, especially when it comes to their kids' health. This book reveals the inside strategies I use myself-I'm a parent,...

Continue Learning about Autism

Is Prenatal or Early Genetic Testing Available to Identify Autism in Kids?
What Are Some Common Myths About Autism?
What Is the Difference Between Autism and Asperger's Syndrome?
What Are the Rates of Autism Today?
What Are the Rates of Autism Today?