Can teens and adults with autism have romantic relationships?

Chantal Sicile-Kira
Mental Retardation & Developmental Disabilities
It is possible for people with autism to have romantic relationships. For most parents of autistic kids, just providing the basic necessities of food, shelter and work for them is a constant worry. But loving caresses, physical intimacy, love, and a relationship with someone who is with you because they choose to be (not because they are related to you) are also basic necessities for many teens and adults with autism.

Continue Learning about Living With Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD)

How can I help my child with autism have better relationships?
Ronald LeafRonald Leaf
Watch as licensed psychologist and autism specialist Dr. Ronald Leaf discusses how parents can help ...
How can I teach my child with autism to ask for help?
Chantal Sicile-KiraChantal Sicile-Kira
A great way to teach a very young child with Asperger’s Syndrome to ask for help is during shopping ...
Can People with Autism Improve Their Social Skills?
How Can I Help My Child with Autism to Become Self Sufficient?