Should I talk to my doctor about my atypical neuralgia symptoms?

Atypical neuralgia can be treated by medications or surgery. Seeing your doctor will allow you to find appropriate treatment and potentially relieve your pain. In addition, the symptoms of atypical neuralgia are similar to those of other disorders like tumors, multiple sclerosis, or certain malformations, so seeing your doctor will allow you to pinpoint the problem.

Continue Learning about Atypical Neuralgia

Are there side effects to medications for atypical neuralgia?
Many of the medications commonly used for atypical trigeminal neuralgia have side effects, including...
Is atypical neuralgia serious?
Trigeminal neuralgia, which includes atypical neuralgia, is said to be one of the most painful disor...
What increases my risk for atypical neuralgia?
Atypical neuralgia is a type of trigeminal neuralgia, which is pain that results from pressure on th...
How do I manage my atypical neuralgia on a daily basis?
The pain of atypical neuralgia is often constant, so daily management is key. Make sure you're in re...