Occasional atrial fibrillation is also called paroxysmal atrial fibrillation. That just means that it happens every so often but not all the time. But the dangers are still the same so it still needs to be treated. Atrial fibrillation is what we call an 'irregularly irregular' heartbeat. So there is not a pattern to it. Your heart can pump very fast and erratically and then go back to normal. Your healthcare provider will still want to treat you and find out why you have occasional atrial fibrillation.
- Q What can I ask my parent's doctor about atrial fibrillation?
- Q What is paroxysmal atrial fibrillation?
- Q What should I know about occasional atrial fibrillation?
- Q What's the difference between occasional atrial fib and permanent?
- Q What kinds of implants are used to treat atrial fibrillation?
- Q How does the WATCHMAN device work?