Although no drugs are available to stop the progression of ataxia telangiectasia, some medications may be used to manage the symptoms. High doses of vitamins and injections of a protein known as gamma globulin may bolster weakened immunity. Antibiotics may be prescribed to combat infection. And flu shots and immunization against pneumonia may help reduce the incidence of respiratory infection.
- Q What is Ataxia Telangiectasia?
- Q Are any future treatments for ataxia telangiectasia being investigated?
- Q How do I know if I'm an ataxia telangiectasia carrier?
- Q What are the treatment options for ataxia telangiectasia?
- Q Is there a cure for ataxia telangiectasia?
- Q Can I safely have x-rays if I'm a carrier of the ATM gene?