The skin can be exfoliated using a washcloth, face brush, microdermabrasion kit, or a scrub containing an abrasive material, such as finely ground fruit pits or polyethylene beads. Shaving also exfoliates the skin. Chemical exfoliants, such as alpha-hydroxy acids (AHAs) and beta-hydroxy acids (BHAs), stimulate rapid cell turnover and regeneration of new skin cells.
It is not necessary to scrub hard to exfoliate skin. Exfoliation should be gentle to avoid irritating the skin.
In addition to exfoliants, facial masks also may help draw out impurities from clogged pores. Facial mask ingredients such as clay, sulfur, or charcoal typically accomplish this task.
- Q How do I make an avocado and honey paste for my flakey skin?
- Q How well does a home wrinkle laser work?
- Q How can I make a wrinkle-fighting cleanser out of sugar?
- Q How can I make a honey facial mask?
- Q How do I choose the best mask product for my skin type?
- Q How can I make a healthy drink that will help fight wrinkles?