The skin can be exfoliated using a washcloth, face brush, microdermabrasion kit, or a scrub containing an abrasive material, such as finely ground fruit pits or polyethylene beads. Shaving also exfoliates the skin. Chemical exfoliants, such as alpha-hydroxy acids (AHAs) and beta-hydroxy acids (BHAs), stimulate rapid cell turnover and regeneration of new skin cells.
It is not necessary to scrub hard to exfoliate skin. Exfoliation should be gentle to avoid irritating the skin.
In addition to exfoliants, facial masks also may help draw out impurities from clogged pores. Facial mask ingredients such as clay, sulfur, or charcoal typically accomplish this task.
- Q How is mulberry extract used to treat skin?
- Q How can I make an at-home anti-aging mask with white and green teas?
- Q Are at-home lasers effective?
- Q What are natural ways to make my face look younger?
- Q How can I make a sweet potato mask for my skin?
- Q How can I make an all-natural at-home treatment for puffy eyes?