How can I make an all-natural at-home rosacea treatment?

Dr. Ellen Marmur, MD
Dermatology
Rosacea is a condition that presents with red, sensitive skin that flushes easily with stress, embarrassment, changes in temperature (hot or cold), wind, exercise, sunlight, and certain food or drink triggers such as wine or spicy food. Try mixing one cup of full-fat cottage cheese with a quarter-cup of minced pineapple and applying it like a mask to your cheeks and nose for 10 minutes a day, twice a week for one month. Place a nice cool washcloth soaked in green tea over the mask to soothe your skin. The milk fat in the cottage cheese will moisturize and heal your skin. The pineapple will provide bromelain -- richest in the tougher part of the fruit near the rind or skin -- to decrease redness. When taken in homeopathic pills (such as mixed with arnica to decrease redness and bruising), the bromelain doesn't make it past the digestive acids in the stomach so it is much better to use it on your skin! You can also drape a green-tea soaked cloth over your eyes for a relaxing 10-minute rest.

Continue Learning about At Home Skin Care Treatments

How do skin lightening products work to whiten or bleach the skin?
Jeanine B. Downie, MDJeanine B. Downie, MD
Skin lightening products work by utilizing hydroquinone, a chemical that helps corrects dark spots, ...
How can a sandalwood face mask help my skin?
Kulreet Chaudhary, MDKulreet Chaudhary, MD
A sandalwood face mask -- an ayurvedic (the traditional medical system of India) beauty treatment --...
What Can I Do to Reduce Wrinkles?
What Can I Do to Reduce Wrinkles?
Supercharge Your Body for Spring, Pt 4
Supercharge Your Body for Spring, Pt 4