How do I make an avocado and honey paste for my flakey skin?

Dr. Ellen Marmur, MD
Dermatology
Flakey skin can be the result of dry skin, eczema and even psoriasis. Mash the fruit of an avocado with one tablespoon of honey. (Taste it! Amazingly good.) When it is a paste-like consistency, spread over the dry, flakey areas and cover with the cool washcloth pre-soaked with green tea. If you are very flakey, you can crush a baby aspirin into a powder and mix this into the avocado and honey paste. The avocado is lush with fatty oils that will seal the skin surface and begin the healing process. Honey, especially unprocessed, will exfoliate away the dead skin, protect against bacterial infections, and reduce inflammation. Leave this on for 10-20 minutes and wipe off gently. You can gently cleanse with an alcohol-free baby wipe, but don't wash with soap for a few hours so your skin can stay moisturized. You will feel the difference instantly. Try to do this mask every day when you are having a flare up of flakey skin. Avoid harsh soaps because they will destroy all of your progress!

Continue Learning about At Home Skin Care Treatments

What can I do to reduce wrinkles?
Women in Zimbabwe have been using a homemade face mask to reduce wrinkles for years, says Dr. Oz gue...
How do skin lightening products work to whiten or bleach the skin?
Jeanine B. Downie, MDJeanine B. Downie, MD
Skin lightening products work by utilizing hydroquinone, a chemical that helps corrects dark spots, ...
What Can I Do to Reduce Wrinkles?
What Can I Do to Reduce Wrinkles?
Do At-Home Beauty Masks Work?
Do At-Home Beauty Masks Work?