Is there a cure for asthma?

Doctors have not found a cure for asthma, but there are many treatments that can prevent and stop attacks when they do occur. Your doctor will prescribe you medicine to take every day even when you feel better. You will also create an asthma action plan that helps you keep track of your medicine, identify your triggers, and know what to do when an attack begins.
It's also helpful to make changes in your environment. Wrap your mattresses and pillows in dust-proof bags and avoid tobacco smoke and indoor mold. When you go outside, monitor your breathing by being aware of outdoor air pollution, pollens, and humidity.
You still have asthma even when your symptoms are controlled, but you can keep attacks to a minimum.

Continue Learning about Asthma Treatment

E-Asthma Treatment: Coping With Fear of Injections
Eosinophilic asthma, or e-asthma, is a subtype of asthma. Like other forms of asthma, people who have e-asthma experience inflammation in the airways,...
How are asthma attacks managed?
Asthma attacks that do not require hospitalization are generally managed with albuterol, a medicatio...
What allergy treatments can help with asthma symptoms?
Dr. Daniel R. Spogen, MDDr. Daniel R. Spogen, MD
If someone has asthma related to allergic symptoms, medications that control allergies (Claritin, Al...
Are There Breathing Exercises That Can Help With My Asthma Symptoms?