What is allergic asthma?

Triggers of allergic asthma include allergens such as animal dander, pollen, dust-mite and cockroach droppings and body parts and mold. Other triggers include irritants like cigarette smoke and stimuli such as exercise, cold weather and infections.

Being the fearful type or a worrywart may also trigger asthma attacks or might make an attack more severe. Bodily reactions and emotional stress are tied together in a bond that is breakable through proper nutrition, relaxation, exercise and stress management. Other asthma triggers capable of causing (or even worsening) asthma symptoms include drug allergies, viral infections and even positive emotions, such as laughter and excitement.

Continue Learning about Asthma

Can I Have a Pet if I Have Asthma?
Can I Have a Pet if I Have Asthma?
If you have asthma, you may gladly steer clear of triggers like cigarette smoke and perfume to avoid a worrisome flare up of your symptoms. But being ...
Severe Asthma: What to Do About Nighttime Symptoms
Asthma symptoms that occur during the nighttime are sometimes referred to as “nocturnal asthma” and are fairly common—a significant number of asthma p...
How to Use an Asthma Inhaler
How to Use an Asthma Inhaler
You've used your inhaler maybe hundreds of times, but have you been doing it wrong this whole time? There's actually a pretty good chance you haven't ...
Aside From Inhalers, What Other Types of Medication Are Used to Treat Asthma?