How is asthma different from breathing problems due to a cold or allergies?

Asthma is a condition where the tiny sacs in the lungs (alveoli) that absorb air are essentially "pinched off." This constriction prevents oxygen from either entering or leaving the lungs efficiently. A similar condition can occur with colds or allergies, when breathing is affected by the extra mucus that develops. Because of the differences in the cause of the breathing problems, the treatment is quite different for asthma versus a cold or allergies.

Continue Learning about Asthma

My Story: Theresa and Severe Asthma
My Story: Theresa and Severe Asthma
Theresa is a musician and respiratory therapist. In this video she shares how severe asthma has impacted her life, both the good and the bad.
How can I perform the energetic remedy for my asthma?
Master Stephen CoMaster Stephen Co
Perform the following steps to provide the energetic remedy for asthma:1. General sweeping with ligh...
What Is Bronchial Thermoplasty?
What Is Bronchial Thermoplasty?
What Is Asthma in Children?
What Is Asthma in Children?