Who should take Breo?

Breo Ellipta is a medication for adults 18 and older with asthma or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). It’s a long-acting medication that you use once a day to reduce symptoms and prevent flare-ups, rather than a rescue inhaler for a sudden attack.

For COPD, Breo Ellipta is meant to be used long-term as a “maintenance treatment” to lessen breathing problems.

For asthma, Breo Ellipta is recommended for people who have symptoms that are severe and not controlled well with other long-acting medications. Once your asthma is under control for a while, your doctor may recommend replacing Breo Ellipta with a different medication.

Continue Learning about Asthma Medication

Why You Need to Beware Using Steroids for Asthma—Even Short-Term
Miguel Indurain, five-time winner of the Tour de France, Jackie Joyner-Kersee, an Olympic track star and Jerome Bettis, a running back for the Pittsbu...
Why do I need so many medications to treat my allergies and asthma?
Lawrence T. Chiaramonte, MDLawrence T. Chiaramonte, MD
Allergies and asthma are more complicated than other conditions that require daily medication becaus...
How do long-term control medications control asthma?
Dr. Tanya R. Altmann, MDDr. Tanya R. Altmann, MD
Controller medications for asthma help protect the airways. In this video, I will explain the two di...
How Do Medications Help Control Asthma?
How Do Medications Help Control Asthma?