What is Breo Ellipta?

Breo Ellipta is an inhaled medication used to treat asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). It contains two medications to help breathing: a corticosteroid (which reduces inflammation in the airways and makes them less likely to spasm), and a long-acting bronchodilator (which relaxes the airways). Breo Ellipta comes as a dry powder inhaler that you use once a day. It comes in two different strengths, called 100/25 or 200/25.

Breo Ellipta is meant to be used daily to control asthma or COPD symptoms, such as wheezing, cough, chest tightness and shortness of breath, and to prevent flare-ups. It’s not a rescue inhaler for sudden breathing problems. It’s approved only for adults age 18 and older.

Continue Learning about Asthma Medication

Why You Need to Beware Using Steroids for Asthma—Even Short-Term
Miguel Indurain, five-time winner of the Tour de France, Jackie Joyner-Kersee, an Olympic track star and Jerome Bettis, a running back for the Pittsbu...
How do medications help control asthma?
Medications treat asthma in different ways. Some medicines, such as anti-inflammatories, bronchodila...
How do I know if I have the best asthma medication?
Intermountain Registered DietitiansIntermountain Registered Dietitians
Do you use quick-relief medication more than 2 times a week to stop asthma flare-ups? This may be a ...
How Do Medications Help Control Asthma?
How Do Medications Help Control Asthma?