What are the risks of stopping low-dose aspirin?

If you take low-dose aspirin for any reason, check your supply and run out for a new bottle if it's low. Stopping baby aspirin suddenly can triple your odds for trouble-causing blood clots in 10 days (yes, 10; that's no typo). Have a talk with your doc about the pros and cons of stopping your baby aspirin regimen, especially if you have surgery scheduled.

Continue Learning about Aspirin

Why Staying on Daily Low Dose Aspirin Is Important
In one episode of Rugrats, Angelica tries to kick her cookie addiction. But when she finds a stash of them, the gang chases her (and the cookie jar) i...
How should I take low-dose aspirin to help lower my blood pressure?
Also referred to as baby aspirin, low-dose aspirin has been shown to lower blood pressure when c...
Does aspirin help osteoarthritis pain?
Aspirin can help reduce osteoarthritis pain, inflammation, swelling and stiffness in the joints....
What to Consider Before Taking Aspirin to Prevent Cancer or Heart Disease