How should I store aspirin?

Although most people’s medicine cabinets are in the bathroom, the hot, steamy air that pours out of the shower or bath when you start toweling off is as good for your aspirin as it would be for a polar bear. The best place to store it is in a room temperature, dry place that’s out of reach of the little ones. Anything small and round looks like candy to little kids, and some adults, too! Make sure it’s tightly sealed, too.

If it starts smelling like vinegar, even if it’s before the expiration date, don’t use it. Throw it out.

Taking aspirin suppositories? Store those in a cool, not room-temperature place. If you need to, stick ’em in your refrigerator. They should also be kept away from the kids, so make sure your fridge has a hard-to-reach shelf or hard-to-open drawer.

Usually, you will want to keep aspirin in a dry place, away from heat. Find a spot to store this drug at room temperature. The humidity in your bathroom is often high and does not make it an ideal place to store any medication. For aditional details, read the aspirin package label.

Continue Learning about Aspirin

The Truth About Taking A Daily Low-Dose Aspirin
Newspaper articles about who should and shouldn’t take a daily aspirin have caused confusion because many headlines made it sound like, “you should st...
What are the side effects of aspirin low-dose?
Side effects may include headaches, ringing in the ears, heartburn, abdominal pain, nausea, indigest...
How should I take low-dose aspirin to help lower my blood pressure?
Also referred to as baby aspirin, low-dose aspirin has been shown to lower blood pressure when c...
What Is Fish Oil Used For?
What Is Fish Oil Used For?