How long do I need to stay on daily aspirin therapy to see benefits?

The benefits of aspirin are achieved after consistent practice over a long period of time, and are only kept as long as you continue taking aspirin regularly. The risk factors in the studies on the health benefits of aspirin are calculated presuming at least a ten-year period of aspirin therapy. I estimate that a patient would need to be on this therapy for at least three years to get the full benefit. So, if you are a man over forty or a woman starting menopause, you should consider taking an aspirin a day for the rest of your life.
The RealAge Makeover: Take Years off Your Looks and Add Them to Your Life

Why not live at 60 feeling like you did at 35?Thousands of Americans are younger today than they were five years ago. How is that possible? By following the specific recommendations that reverse...

Continue Learning about Aspirin

Why Staying on Daily Low Dose Aspirin Is Important
In one episode of Rugrats, Angelica tries to kick her cookie addiction. But when she finds a stash of them, the gang chases her (and the cookie jar) i...
What is aspirin low-dose?
Aspirin low-dose is a reduced dosage (81 mg.) of a regular adult aspirin (325 mg.) tablet. Aspir...
What drug interactions should I be aware of when taking aspirin?
You are wise to ask about interactions with other drugs. Baby aspirin does in fact interact with ant...
Are You a Candidate for Daily Low-Dose Baby Aspirin?