Aspirin (acetylsalicylic acid) is an anti-inflammatory analgesic that reduces the pain and inflammation associated with headaches. It may be used as a first-line treatment for mild to moderate, but not severe, headache pain as well as preventive treatment for migraine headache. Combination preparations that contain aspirin, acetaminophen, and caffeine may be particularly effective for treating resistant, mild to moderate headache pain.
- Q Can chewing an aspirin help during a heart attack?
- Q What foods and medications interact with aspirin low-dose?
- Q Should I take aspirin even if I take omega 3 supplements daily?
- Q Should I be concerned about bleeding if I'm taking aspirin?
- Q What are the benefits of taking aspirin?
- Q Why should I take aspirin or ibupofren with plenty of water?