Aspirin (acetylsalicylic acid) is an anti-inflammatory analgesic that reduces the pain and inflammation associated with headaches. It may be used as a first-line treatment for mild to moderate, but not severe, headache pain as well as preventive treatment for migraine headache. Combination preparations that contain aspirin, acetaminophen, and caffeine may be particularly effective for treating resistant, mild to moderate headache pain.
- Q Should I take aspirin even if I take omega 3 supplements daily?
- Q What can I take for my back pain and arthritis besides aspirin?
- Q Who should not take aspirin low-dose?
- Q Does aspirin work on dental pain?
- Q How does aspirin low-dose treat a heart attack?
- Q Why is aspirin a useful anti-inflammatory?