How does aspirin help treat headaches?

Aspirin (acetylsalicylic acid) is an anti-inflammatory analgesic that reduces the pain and inflammation associated with headaches. It may be used as a first-line treatment for mild to moderate, but not severe, headache pain as well as preventive treatment for migraine headache. Combination preparations that contain aspirin, acetaminophen, and caffeine may be particularly effective for treating resistant, mild to moderate headache pain.

Continue Learning about Aspirin

Why Staying on Daily Low Dose Aspirin Is Important
In one episode of Rugrats, Angelica tries to kick her cookie addiction. But when she finds a stash of them, the gang chases her (and the cookie jar) i...
Can I give my child aspirin for the pain of a sunburn?
You should not give your child aspirin to treat the pain of a sunburn. Doctors do not recommend this...
How is aspirin-exacerbated respiratory disease (AERD) diagnosed?
Aspirin-exacerbated respiratory disease (AERD) is typically diagnosed when a medical practitioner id...
What to Consider Before Taking Aspirin to Prevent Cancer or Heart Disease