How can aspirin affect the risk of heart disease?

Who would have ever thought that one little white pill could have such a powerful effect on the heart? Indeed, evidence shows that -- when taken regularly -- aspirin may reduce the incidence of heart attack or heart disease by making blood platelets less sticky and decreasing arterial inflammation. But it only makes sense for men over the age of 35 and women who are older than 40. Remember to check with your doctor first because aspirin can have side effects, such as stomach irritation and bleeding.

Continue Learning about Aspirin

Why Staying on Daily Low Dose Aspirin Is Important
In one episode of Rugrats, Angelica tries to kick her cookie addiction. But when she finds a stash of them, the gang chases her (and the cookie jar) i...
Can I take aspirin while using Pristiq?
If you are taking Pristiq, talk to your doctor about using aspirin as a pain reliever or as part...
Can I give aspirin for fever during a viral skin infection?
You shouldn't give aspirin to someone with a fever from a viral skin infection because of the possib...
Are You Allergic to Aspirin?
Are You Allergic to Aspirin?