How can taking aspirin daily reduce my risk for a second ischemic stroke?

If you've had an ischemic stroke, taking a daily low-dose aspirin can lower your risk of a second one. Aspirin inhibits the ability of platelets to clump together, an initial step in blood clotting. As a result, it lowers the risk of an ischemic stroke, which is usually caused by a blood clot obstructing a vessel supplying the brain.

Continue Learning about Aspirin

Why Staying on Daily Low Dose Aspirin Is Important
In one episode of Rugrats, Angelica tries to kick her cookie addiction. But when she finds a stash of them, the gang chases her (and the cookie jar) i...
Does aspirin help osteoarthritis pain?
You may take aspirin for those pounding headaches and sore muscles after a weekend of gardening ...
Can I give my child aspirin to treat a fever from chickenpox?
You should not give your child aspirin to treat the fever associated with chickenpox. Doctors do not...
Are You Allergic to Aspirin?
Are You Allergic to Aspirin?