Can I give aspirin for fever during a viral skin infection?

You shouldn't give aspirin to someone with a fever from a viral skin infection because of the possibility that the person could develop Reye's syndrome. Acetaminophen and ibuprofen do not lead to Reye's syndrome, but there is a link between Reye's syndrome and aspirin, especially in children and adolescents. Reye's syndrome can lead to brain swelling, liver problems, coma, and sometimes death.

Continue Learning about Aspirin

Your Guide to Aspirin and Heart Health
Your Guide to Aspirin and Heart Health
It’s not news that an aspirin can help save your life during a heart attack. But should we take it every day to prevent heart disease? And what kind? ...
How can aspirin affect the risk of heart disease?
Who would have ever thought that one little white pill could have such a powerful effect on the ...
Should I take an aspirin if I have a heart attack?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
If you do not have a known aspirin allergy you should take 162-325 mg of chewable or non-coated aspi...
Does Aspirin Therapy Help Prevent Heart Attacks in Women?