How do I manage my dust disease on a daily basis?

If you have been diagnosed with a dust disease such as asbestosis or silicosis, it is best to prevent further exposure to particles of asbestos or silica. If your occupation has required you to frequently inhale dust, it may be best to quit. This prevents further irreversible damage to your lungs and helps improve the quality of your life. Also, smokers should quit to avoid serious complications associated with dust diseases, such as lung cancer. If you have been diagnosed with pulmonary hypertension (high blood pressure in the lungs), it is important to practice maintaining a healthy diet to help prevent further health problems. People with dust diseases are also more likely to catch pneumonia or the flu, so it is a good idea to keep your immune system healthy by getting vaccinated and keeping yourself healthy.

Continue Learning about Asbestosis & Dust Diseases

What do I need to know when caring for someone with a dust disease?
There is no way to undo the damage to lung tissue caused by dust diseases such as asbestosis and sil...
How are dust disease and asbestosis treated?
The tissue damage from dust diseases such as asbestosis and silicosis cannot be reversed, but there ...
How do dust disease and asbestosis affect the body?
Dust disease and asbestosis can deteriorate lung functioning and put excess strain on the heart. Nor...
What are dust disease and asbestosis?
Asbestosis and dust disease are lung disorders caused by the frequent inhalation of dangerous outsid...