How can I stop using artificial sweeteners?

Give up artificial sweeteners (and added sugars) in food and drinks. Give these tips a whirl to retrain your taste buds:
  • Appreciate natural sweetness. Enjoy flavor-packed, organically grown, well-washed strawberries, blueberries, figs, and apples. Add them to salads or nonfat, no-sugar-added Greek yogurt, or serve them with a spritz of lime juice for dessert.
  • Try sweet beverages of a different kind, such as iced tea with a drop or two of vanilla, crushed mint leaves, or lemon. Flavor iced coffee with cinnamon and nonfat milk.
You can find sweetness in real food. Your waist and taste buds will thank you.

Continue Learning about Artificial Sweeteners

Is Agave Syrup Smarter Than Sugar?
Is Agave Syrup Smarter Than Sugar?
Bethenny Frankel adds agave syrup to tequila and sells it in her premixed Skinnygirl Margaritas. Celeb chef Travis London bakes it into "guilt-free" v...
Are sugar substitutes safe for pregnant women?
All of the artificial sweeteners (sugar substitutes) approved for use in the United States by the FD...
What are the harmful effects of artificial sweeteners?
Keri Peterson, MDKeri Peterson, MD
If you've heard rumors that artificial sweeteners are harmful to health, worry no more. In this vi...
How Can I Limit My Consumption of Artificial Sweeteners?