Are artificial sweeteners tested for safety?

Before a sweetener becomes available for use by food companies and the public, it must be approved by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA). In order for it to get approval, it has to go through a lot of testing to determine if it is safe for its intended use. Testing is conducted by the government as well as scientific organizations.

Continue Learning about Artificial Sweeteners

How Artificial Sweeteners Fake Out Your Body
In American football, there’s a “fake” happening on almost every play. Whether it’s a head fake, a running fake, or a passing fake, the idea is to tri...
What are the harmful effects of artificial sweeteners?
Sari GreavesSari Greaves
Studies have confirmed the long held view that eating more of the artificial sweeteners will imm...
Do sugar-free products contain carbohydrates?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
There is a whole range of food and drinks in the store that carry these labels:"sugar-free""reduced ...
Why Should I Avoid Artificial Sweeteners?