What are the potential benefits of arthroscopic knee surgery?

Potential benefits of arthroscopic knee surgery include:
  • Accurate diagnosis. The arthroscopic image helps your doctor get a better picture of what's wrong with your knee.
  • Faster recovery than with traditional surgery. Recovery is usually faster than with surgery involving larger incisions.
  • Less scarring. The incisions result in very small scars that are not easily noticed and don't interfere with movement.

Continue Learning about Arthroscopy

How should I care for my incisions after shoulder arthroscopy?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
Keeping your incisions clean and free of infection will help you heal faster and prevent complic...
What are the benefits of arthroscopy?
Scott D. Martin, MDScott D. Martin, MD
Benefits of arthroscopy include:Diagnosing knee or hip conditionsTreating osteoarthritisTreating r...
What is arthroscopy of the foot?
James P. Ioli, DPMJames P. Ioli, DPM
Arthroscopy is a minimally invasive surgical technique used in foot surgery. In a procedure, the...
When should I have arthroscopic surgery after torn meniscus?
Dr. Vonda Wright, MDDr. Vonda Wright, MD
If your doctor tells you the type of meniscus tear you have can be repaired because it is within the...