What are side effects of medications that treat axial spondyloarthritis?

All medications used to treat axial spondyloarthritis, or axial spa for short, have side effects, which are things they do besides helping symptoms. Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) can upset the stomach. If this happens, a doctor will give other medicine to protect the stomach, or switch the person to a different NSAID. Biologics can sometimes cause skin soreness around the injection site. They can also make infections more likely. Other side effects are unusual, and a doctor will tell people all about them.

Continue Learning about Arthritis

How Bad Is Your Pain? Printable Arthritis Pain Scale
Does your doctor have a good idea of how your arthritis pain affects your everyday life? Pain is often hard to describe. And pain affects each of us d...
What are the different types of arthritis?
Medical City DallasMedical City Dallas
The different types of arthritis are classified into three broad categories. The first type is osteo...
Is arthritis a normal part of aging?
Tatiana P. Ivan, MDTatiana P. Ivan, MD
Arthritis is not a normal part of aging. Many people think that arthritis is just about the aches an...
How Can I Slow the Progression of Arthritis?