What should I do if I think I have arthritis?

If you have pain, stiffness, or swelling in or around one or more of your joints, talk to your doctor. It is important to keep in mind that there are many forms of arthritis, and a specific diagnosis of the type you have may help to direct the proper treatment. Although there is no cure for most types of arthritis, early diagnosis and appropriate management are important, especially for inflammatory types of arthritis. For example, early use of disease-modifying drugs can affect the course of rheumatoid arthritis. An early diagnosis and appropriate treatment can make a difference in pain and joint damage. The earlier you understand your arthritis, the earlier you can start managing your disease and making healthy lifestyle changes to help your arthritis.

Continue Learning about Arthritis

Fact or Fiction: Cracking Your Knuckles Causes Arthritis
Simply put, cracking your knuckles feels good. It loosens up your knuckles and you might experience increased joint mobility in the few minutes after ...
Are there different types of arthritis of the hip?
The most common form of arthritis of the hip is degenerative or osteoarthritis. Other problems, such...
Yoga Poses for Arthritis Pain Relief
Yoga Poses for Arthritis Pain ReliefYoga Poses for Arthritis Pain ReliefYoga Poses for Arthritis Pain ReliefYoga Poses for Arthritis Pain Relief
Reduce stress and relieve arthritis pain naturally by following this gentle sequence of nine yoga poses.
Easing Arthritis Pain With Diet
Easing Arthritis Pain With Diet