Can acupuncture help treat arthritis?

Acupuncture can be complementary or an alternative treatment to manage pain from arthritis. Acupuncture has low to minimal side effects.
Ashley R. Bateman, MD
Family Medicine
Acupuncture can help treat arthritis. It is person-specific. Many people with arthritis benefit from acupuncture.  If it works for them, they can use it. There's not much harm from acupuncture as long as the acupuncturist is licensed. If a person finds that it's working, it can really do a lot of good.

Continue Learning about Arthritis Treatment

Why should I see my doctor about arthritis?
There are many different types of arthritis. Different types have different treatments. It is import...
Are there alternative treatments for arthritis?
Sunita MohanSunita Mohan
Homeopathy is an alternative treatment that gets to the core of arthritis. Changing your diet can al...
What Causes Flare-Ups In Psoriatic Arthritis?
How Can Exercise Help Me Manage Psoriatic Arthritis?