What is medial calcific sclerosis?

Medial calcific sclerosis is a form of arteriosclerosis, or build-up in the arteries. With this type of build-up, the deposits form in the middle of the arterial wall. The condition is also known as Monckeberg's medial calcific sclerosis or Monckeberg's arteriosclerosis.

Continue Learning about Arteriosclerosis

What happens to arteries as we age?
While most of us think of heart attacks and strokes when we think of arterial aging, these are j...
How can I prepare to see my doctor about arteriosclerosis obliterans?
You can prepare for your appointment to diagnose arteriosclerosis obliterans by making a complete li...
What do I need to know about caring for someone with arteriolosclerosis?
Caring for someone with arteriolosclerosis is about supporting the person's new, healthy lifestyle, ...
How does medial calcific sclerosis affect the body?
Medial calcific sclerosis causes calcium deposits to build up inside the walls of the arteries. Usua...