What if leg or foot pain returns after endovascular treatment?

Arteries can become blocked again after they have been treated. When an artery becomes renarrowed, it is called restenosis. You may experience leg or foot pain or you may develop a new ulcer or discoloration like what you experienced before the procedure. You should call your doctor. A second procedure may be needed to again clear the blood vessels of blockages.

Continue Learning about Arteriosclerosis

What do I need to know about caring for someone with arteriolosclerosis?
Caring for someone with arteriolosclerosis is about supporting the person's new, healthy lifestyle, ...
What is arteriosclerosis obliterans?
Arteriosclerosis obliterans, or peripheral artery disease, occurs when arterial plaque and fat depos...
What parts of the body are affected by medial calcific sclerosis?
Medial calcific sclerosis usually affects the inner walls of the arteries, particularly in the lower...
How can I prepare to see my doctor about arteriosclerosis obliterans?
You can prepare for your appointment to diagnose arteriosclerosis obliterans by making a complete li...