How common is arteriosclerosis obliterans?

Arteriosclerosis obliterans affects 15 to 20% of those over age 70. It is most common among men over 50 years of age, regular smokers, and diabetics. Those who are obese or generally inactive are at a higher risk for arteriosclerosis obliterans. However, many people with this disease have no symptoms.

Continue Learning about Arteriosclerosis

How can I prepare to see my doctor about arteriosclerosis obliterans?
You can prepare for your appointment to diagnose arteriosclerosis obliterans by making a complete li...
What risks does calcification in the aorta cause?
Anthony L. Komaroff, MDAnthony L. Komaroff, MD
The aorta is the body's largest artery. It carries oxygen-rich blood from the heart to the rest of t...
What is arteriolosclerosis?
Arteriolosclerosis is a disease affecting the arterioles, or small blood vessels, that carry importa...
Is bypass surgery dangerous?
SCAISCAI
While every type of surgery carries some risks, it is important to note cardiac bypass surgery has b...