What should I ask my doctor about a heart arrhythmia?

Douglas E. Severance, MD
Family Medicine
Preparing to see a doctor about a heart arrhythmia can make you feel nervous. But if you write your health concerns down on paper, including any questions you have for your doctor about arrhythmias, you can make the most of your doctor's visit and get answers that will help. Be sure to list your symptoms, when you have the symptoms, and how long they last. Also write down any triggers you've noticed that may cause the arrhythmia, such as medications, stress, alcohol, cigarette smoking, or caffeine. Include other questions you have for your doctor such as the cause of your symptoms, medical tests you might need, and medications that can help your condition.

Continue Learning about Arrhythmia

Concerned about Afib? Get Aggressive about Losing Weight
Some people describe a surge of romantic passion as your heart “skipping a beat,” but if your doctor tells you this, it may mean you have (or are he...
What is the difference between atrial fibrillation and irregular heartbeat?
The difference between atrial fibrillation and irregular heartbeat is that irregular heartbeat is a ...
What is cardiac ablation?
St. Mark's HospitalSt. Mark's Hospital
A cardiac ablation involves cauterizing a small part of the heart to get rid of an arrhythmia.
What Are Some Common Issues with Heart Rhythms?