What should I ask my doctor about a heart arrhythmia?

Douglas E. Severance, MD
Family Medicine
Preparing to see a doctor about a heart arrhythmia can make you feel nervous. But if you write your health concerns down on paper, including any questions you have for your doctor about arrhythmias, you can make the most of your doctor's visit and get answers that will help. Be sure to list your symptoms, when you have the symptoms, and how long they last. Also write down any triggers you've noticed that may cause the arrhythmia, such as medications, stress, alcohol, cigarette smoking, or caffeine. Include other questions you have for your doctor such as the cause of your symptoms, medical tests you might need, and medications that can help your condition.

Continue Learning about Arrhythmia

6 Rules for People With an Irregular Heartbeat
6 Rules for People With an Irregular Heartbeat6 Rules for People With an Irregular Heartbeat6 Rules for People With an Irregular Heartbeat6 Rules for People With an Irregular Heartbeat
Sex, exercise and other activities may be completely safe for those with AFib. Atrial fibrillation (AFib) is a heart condition in which the heart pum...
What Are Some Common Issues with Heart Rhythms?