There is no universal cure for arrhythmia. Depending on the type and severity of your arrhythmia, medication and other forms of treatment can help reduce symptoms and regulate your heartbeat. Some arrhythmias are due to heart damage. You can prevent this damage by leading a healthy lifestyle: eat right, lower your blood pressure, do not smoke, and exercise regularly.
- Q How will I maintain a normal heart rhythm after cardioversion?
- Q What do electrophysiologists research in relation to cardiac arrhythmias?
- Q How does a pacemaker treat arrhythmia?
- Q What is a cardioverter?
- Q What is cardiac resynchronization therapy?
- Q What medications will my doctor prescribe after electrical cardioversion?