There is no universal cure for arrhythmia. Depending on the type and severity of your arrhythmia, medication and other forms of treatment can help reduce symptoms and regulate your heartbeat. Some arrhythmias are due to heart damage. You can prevent this damage by leading a healthy lifestyle: eat right, lower your blood pressure, do not smoke, and exercise regularly.
- Q If I have arrhythmia, do I need an automatic external defibrillator?
- Q How will I maintain a normal heart rhythm after cardioversion?
- Q What medications might I receive to treat a cardiac arrhythmia?
- Q Why shouldn't I wear deodorant or lotion prior to a cardioversion?
- Q How is an unstable heart rhythm treated?
- Q How is cardiac arrhythmia treated?