There is no universal cure for arrhythmia. Depending on the type and severity of your arrhythmia, medication and other forms of treatment can help reduce symptoms and regulate your heartbeat. Some arrhythmias are due to heart damage. You can prevent this damage by leading a healthy lifestyle: eat right, lower your blood pressure, do not smoke, and exercise regularly.
- Q What should I expect during a cardioversion?
- Q What medications might I receive to treat a cardiac arrhythmia?
- Q What is epicardial ablation?
- Q What equipment is used to monitor a patient during a cardioversion?
- Q How is an unstable heart rhythm treated?
- Q What are the possible side effects from an electrical cardioversion?