What is lavender aromatherapy good for?

Dr. Kathleen Hall
Preventive Medicine
I use lavender combinations with my patients with cancer and other critical diseases. I also use lavender for my people with grief, anxiety, and depression disorders. Lavender is an ancient herb with calming properties that works incredibly for stress, anxiety, and depression. Lavender is known for its ability to comfort. Lavender seeds were used in classrooms in 19th century France to calm boisterous children, French pharmacies sold lavender for generations as a sleep aid. Nagano College of Nursing in Japan monitored the electrocardiograms, blood flow, and respiratory rates of nursing students after they enjoyed a footbath with lavender oil, and they found significant changes in autonomic activity, which increased relaxation.
A Life in Balance: Nourishing the Four Roots of True Happiness

Nautilus Book Awards Winners for 2007 (category: Self-Help/Psychology/ Personal Growth) "Like many people, Kathleen Hall found that despite great success and material wealth, she had yet to identify...

Continue Learning about Aromatherapy

The Health Benefits of Aromatherapy
The Health Benefits of Aromatherapy
Aromatherapy is a complementary treatment that uses essential oils to enhance relaxation and boost mental sharpness. If you love scents—concocted by d...
Can aromatherapy treat pregnancy discomfort?
Paula GreerPaula Greer
Aromatherapy is one homeopathic remedy that has been demonstrated to help with insomnia. Adding esse...
How can aromatherapy improve my health?
Dr. Kathleen HallDr. Kathleen Hall
I use citrus aromas -- such as orange, tangerine, or lemon -- for my patients and clients with d...
What Are the Benefits of Aromatherapy During Childbirth?