Who is an aromatherapist?

An aromatherapist is a person who practices a type of complementary medicine called aromatherapy. This therapy uses plant oils that give off strong, pleasant smells to promote relaxation and a sense of well-being. The plant oils are usually inhaled or put on the skin using wet cloths, baths, or massage.

This answer is based on source information from the National Cancer Institute.

Continue Learning about Aromatherapy

The Health Benefits of Aromatherapy
The Health Benefits of Aromatherapy
Aromatherapy is a complementary treatment that uses essential oils to enhance relaxation and boost mental sharpness. If you love scents—concocted by d...
Can aromatherapy treat pregnancy discomfort?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
Treatments include essential oils from clary sage or from lavender mixed in with your bathwater to h...
What is the history of aromatherapy?
Debra Fulghum Bruce PhDDebra Fulghum Bruce PhD
In Egypt, aromatherapy was used more than 3,000 years ago to cure illness. Ancient Egyptians als...
How Can I Use Aromatherapy to Help Reduce Stress?